Come work with Agathon, where you can use your skills to help organizations that are making a difference in the world. This is a full-time staff position on a fully remote team. You must live and be authorized to work in the United States; we are unable to sponsor visas at this time, nor are we considering C2C contracts or non-US based candidates.
Agathon is a digital agency specializing in mobile and web app development for Christian non-profits. Our team enjoys what we do and takes pride in our work. We’re large enough to take on ambitious projects yet small enough that each individual makes an impact on both the product and our processes. We collaborate closely with our clients and each other because we believe transparency, empathy, and good communication produce the best results. For more: About Us – Agathon for Ministries
This is a Django Developer position that will expand our small, multi-disciplinary development team. You will be responsible primarily for code: writing code, providing architectural direction for the code, refactoring existing code, and reviewing the code in pull requests from other developers. In addition, you will work closely with the project manager to build the product and with the client to define and refine feature requests. You will do all of this while making use of your deep experience with agile development and passion for software best practices.
- Write, maintain, optimize, and refactor client-side Django code within a complex set of applications.
- Work with development team and project manager to architect and build software solutions.
- Help develop and manage well-functioning applications.
- Test software to ensure efficiency and responsiveness.
- Participate in internal and client meetings to assess progress and provide feedback.
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements for the way we write, test, deploy, and monitor code.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- At least 4 years of full-time, professional experience as a Django developer. This is not an entry level position. This must include:
- Python and Django (both backend libraries, middleware, models, and database interactions and frontend views, templates, and API returns: both are hard requirements)
- Python environments and package management (pyenv, pip, pipenv, virtualenv, etc.)
- Database management using migrations
- Fluency with semantic HTML and CSS (Less/Sass experience is a bonus; constructing stylesheets that allows nesting and variables, e.g., is a hard requirement)
- Regular professional use of portable virtual software development environments (preferably Vagrant)
- Regular professional use of version control (preferably git, alternatively another distributed VCS)
- Must possess excellent English communication, both written and spoken. Communication is at the heart of most of what we do, both internally and with clients.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills. No one is an island, and even less so at Agathon – you must work well with others to work well at Agathon.
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities appropriately, then work independently.
What we offer
- Remote work
- Equipment (laptop, etc) necessary for your work
- Starting salary commensurate with experience
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance
- 401(K) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
How to apply
Please send cover letter and résumé (PDF only) to firstname.lastname@example.org.